Shaylene teaches and trains hundreds of students every year across the country the nationally recognized anti-bully program called Safe School Ambassadors. She is also the founder of The Mean Girl Extinction Project. Her acute experience with relational aggression as an anti-bully activist provides unique perspective into girl world. She teaches girls how to not only survive girl world but to make a difference and thrive in it. Shaylene empowers girls through assemblies, workshops, camps, clubs and service projects to live with profound purpose when they learn to combat mean and cultivate kindness.
Shaylene King is an author, educator and anti-bullying activist.
Shaylene’s battle with poor body image and low self-esteem led to destructive behavior and poor grades until a teacher stepped in and told her she could be anything she wanted to be with an education. She earned her Bachelors of Arts degree in Liberal Studies as well as her teaching credential from California Baptist University in Riverside, California.
Knowing first-hand the impact teachers can make, Shaylene became one! She has taught in public and private schools. Trained in Discrete Trial method for autism, she also collaborated with Behavioral Specialists to implement home programs.
Passionate about helping girls navigate issues related to self-esteem and body image, Shaylene has mentored girls for over twenty years. She is the Founder of The Mean Girl Extinction Project, a non-profit created with her teen daughter to combat the “mean girl” phenomenon. Shaylene also piloted an after school Kind club for fifth grade girls to build healthy friendships reducing incidents of relational aggression in their social circles.
She is the author of a tween series for girls. The first book in the series, Liberty Lane and the One-Girl Rebelution will be released late Fall of 2018. She speaks at schools, girl camps, clubs, churches, girl/women events and organizations.
Knowing positive change takes place through positive relationships, Shaylene is also an independent contractor for the non-profit Community Matters. As a trainer for their nationally recognized Safe School Ambassador program, she continues to speak to hundreds of students each year across the country to empower and equip them with tools needed to develop self-confidence and practice and promote positive communication with their peers.
What People Are Saying About Shaylene
Frequently Requested Topics
- If you are interested in The Mean Girl Extinction Project. Please head over to our website at: The Mean Girl Extinction Project
- Below are a few of my most requested topics. If you don't see what you are looking for, please feel free to contact me to discuss your ideas. Whether it’s a retreat, conference, workshop, camp, club, assembly, keynote... you get the picture, we can work together to create the best fit for your organization or event.
- All my topics are created to meet public school/event regulations. For each topic, I have a faith based version as well for private schools, churches, chapels, retreats and seminars.
- Learn how to recognize relational aggression (mean girl behavior) among their peers.
- Understand what role they play in their friendships.
- Identify their individual insecurities that may trigger mean girl behavior.
- Discover how to resolve conflict with other girls.
- Learn how to cultivate kindness in a mean girl world.
- Be challenged to put to practice what they have learned through fun interactive activities.
- Take Combat Mean pledge.
- Leave with a bag of swag.